All About Blue Maui Weed Strain
Blue Maui is a hybrid with an Indica/Sativa ratio of 50/50. Its parent strains are thought to be Moui Wowie and Blue Dream. Coming with a moderately high THC content of 22.5%, the Blue Maui strain offers some strong effects of upliftment and energy. It contains Ocimene as the primary terpene and boasts sweet and fruity flavors that are sure to delight consumers.
Aroma and Taste of Blue Maui
The overall flavors you will notice when you consume this weed are those of tropical fruits and berries. There are strong floral notes in the aroma as well that are very pleasant. The sweetness of the flavor is rounded off nicely with some herbal and spicy undertones.
These aroma and flavor profiles are created by the following terpenes:
- Ocimene - brings the sweetness of rose and some fruits
- Pinene - adds herbal and sweet notes
- Myrcene - introduces tropical flavors along with the sweetness of berries
- Caryophyllene - brings even more tropical notes as well as adding some spice
Effects and Usage
Being a balanced hybrid, this weed may provide different primary effects to different people. Some people report feeling very creative after consuming it while others feel more relaxed. However, the relaxation that comes with this is not the couch-locking kind but rather keeps you alert. Some consumers also report feeling very happy and giggly after smoking the buds or enjoying an edible. The effects you may feel also depend on your physiological conditions so it's best to try it and see how it affects your body. The creative burst it gives to the users generally makes it a good daytime weed though.
For beginners, this is not a suitable cannabis strain to try because of its higher THC content. It can cause some side effects like headaches, panic attacks, and dryness of the eyes. If dosed carefully, it can be consumed by medical marijuana patients suffering from the following issues:
- Lack of Appetite
Information for Growers
Growers report that this cannabis plant produces buds with light green hues that are contrasted by orange hairs. Whether grown indoors or outdoors, this marijuana plant produces a yield of around 400 g/m2 and achieves a maximum height of around 60 inches. The flowering time reported for this strain is between 54 and 62 days.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Blue Maui Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 20.5 - 22.75%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.36 - 0.58%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.37 - 0.48%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.05 - 0.05%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.02 - 0.27%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.08 - 0.23%
Blue Maui Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|