All About OG Story Weed Strain
This one is a curious strain of marijuana with an elusive lineage. Some describe its lineage as that of OG Kush. OG Story is best known for feelings and sensations of euphoria associated with its use. Described as spunky and earthy, this strain was first cultivated by Desert Grown Farms.
It is a hybrid award-winning cannabis strain that is rich in terpenes. The THC content of OG Story is more than 25 percent. This means that it is for the experienced users who can manage a high that comes on strong.
Due to its unique qualities, OG Story was given first place in High Times Cannabis Cup in 2016.
Terpenes, Taste, and Aroma
The aroma of this weed is sour with hard notes of citrus. Its taste is also sour and earthy. Prominent terpenes are (approximate value depending on the crop):
These terpenes combined with a high THC concentration give a full-body, relaxing high to the user. High terpene concentrations mean that a strain is more likely to produce stress-busting and stress-relieving effects on users.
Effects and Uses
This cannabis has relaxing, soothing, hunger-inducing, and euphoric effects on consumers. Because of its calming nature, it may be used by people who suffer from anxiety and depression.
As an appetite-stimulant, it acts as a potent agent for patients suffering from eating disorders like bulimia and anorexia. OG Story can also be used as a mood stabilizer in some cases. Great use of OG Story has been for insomnia. People who suffer from sleepless and restless nights can find it a great help.
Pro Tip: Fans of this strain advise using it before going to bed every night for the best effects.
Information for Growers
Not much information about this weed is available outside its prominent breeder: the DGF. Most growers describe OG Story as having flowers that bud into red pistils and dark green foliage.
The OG Kush strains from which OG Story has been cultivated are unknown. However, most cultivators agree that it is definitely a hybrid of two or three different phenotypes.
OG Story Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 19 - 19%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.61 - 0.83%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.19 - 0.25%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.08 - 0.1%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.18 - 0.18%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.17 - 0.18%
OG Story Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|