All About Pennywise Weed Strain
Pennywise is an Indica strain. The creator of this cannabis type is SubCool’s The Dank, a popular company famous for inventing new cannabis seeds, oil, wax, and kush ”hits.” This strain is a cross between Jack the Ripper and Harlequin, a nice combination that justifies the “killer” name. The only difference is that Pennywise hits the fears, worries, and stress.
Due to a high CBD concentration(12-15%), this is one of the strains that is mostly recommended to medical patients rather than recreational users. On the contrary, the THC level is not high (13-16%). Due to this THC/CBD ratio, the cannabis strain doesn’t provide incredible psychoactive effects.
Actually, Pennywise is the main character in Stephen King’s “It” (a book and then a movie) who is basically a terrifying clown that keeps on killing people. This name may generate fear and excitement, but the strain is everything but scary.
Pennywise flavor and taste
The Pennywise flower is small to medium in terms of size. Chunky and thick formations give the impression of an Indica-type weed that is tense and compact. Its fragrance is extremely interesting and features a combination of lemon, pepper, bubble gum, and coffee. When the buds are completely dried, they have an earthy odor that makes users think of soil and nature. Some users may detect sweet, woody, and spicy undertones.
Properties and effects of Pennywise
The first effect that smokers experience is a clear-headed mind, when thoughts stop rushing, people feel relaxed, and their self-criticism becomes milder.
The typical effects reported by consumers are:
- increased focus;
- energy boost;
- total relaxation.
After smoking this strain, users would rather sit, meditate, or do anything that doesn’t require physical stimulation. If the users are relatively tired and mentally exhausted, Pennywise will put them to sleep immediately.
Due to a relatively 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD, the plant doesn’t provide incredible psychoactive effects. It is a perfect choice for medical patients who are searching for complete relaxation, both mentally and physically.
Thanks to therapeutic benefits, this marijuana strain helps people alleviate serious medical conditions, such as:
- post-traumatic stress disorder;
- depression, stress;
- cancer symptoms;
- neurological disorders.
This cannabis type contains a number of terpenes (pinene, carene, camphene, sabinene, ocimene, etc.) that combat inflammation, increase neural functions, relax muscles, and even treat bronchial infections.
The commonly reported adverse reactions are headaches, dizziness, dry mouth, panic attacks, and dry eyes.
Information for growers
Pennywise has 4 different phenotypes, and all of them differ in a color dominance and a bud structure. The plant is suitable for both outdoor and indoor gardens and flowers in 52-62 days. It grows to a medium height (30’’ for indoor cultivation and 30’’-60’’ if grown outdoors).
Its strong genetics makes it resistant to mold and mildew. The growers need to top these marijuana plants at least once before they start to flower by trimming away light-blocking leaves. The growing difficulty is moderate.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Pennywise Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 12.4 - 15.2%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 252.2 - 10.07%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.1 - 0.58%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.08 - 1.04%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.22 - 0.32%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.34 - 0.85%
Pennywise Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
Pennywise strain lineage
Pennywise Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 15.5 - 19.25%
CBD 0.29 - 1.01%
THC 12 - 16%
CBD 0.85 - 1.16%
THC 20 - 21.5%
CBD 0.5 - 0.81%
THC 16.33 - 18%
CBD 0.53 - 0.75%
THC 15.8 - 19.6%
CBD 0.46 - 0.74%
THC 19.75 - 21.25%
CBD 0.37 - 0.7%
THC 16.33 - 18.33%
CBD 270.62 - 0.77%
THC 15.75 - 19%
CBD 0.92 - 1.08%
THC 16.75 - 19.25%
CBD 0.4 - 0.76%
THC 19.88 - 21.12%
CBD 0.35 - 0.57%
THC 10.06 - 16.09%
CBD 0.47 - 1.11%
THC 22 - 25%
CBD 0.03 - 1.1%
THC 20.6 - 22.8%
CBD 0.24 - 0.63%
THC 16 - 23%
CBD 0.36 - 1.23%
THC 15.8 - 17.8%
CBD 3.81 - 3.25%
THC 16.5 - 18%
CBD 0.48 - 1%