All About Pineapple Kush Cannabis Strain
Originating from Northern California and around the Bay Area, a star in the cannabis industry was born. The Pineapple Kush weed was developed by mixing two strains – Master and Pineapple. It resulted in a well-balanced hybrid strain of pot that sometimes comes in a 50:50 ratio but in some cases, the Indica is more dominant than the Sativa.
It is one of the rarest gems in the marijuana cannabis industry because of its special characteristics that differentiate this strain. The THC content of this strain ranges around 16-19%, which brings some really good effects and also friendly to beginners.
Reported Effects Review
Since the Pineapple Kush weed strain is well-balanced, its high manifests the effects of both types of marijuana:
There are various medical effects this has on individuals with different illnesses that range from mental to physical conditions. That includes treating conditions such as:
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic Pain
There is a downside to using this weed but it is not extraordinary because it is consistent with other side effects experienced from smoking weed. Those side effects include dry mouth and eyes, which might also lead to sleepy, heavy eyes.
Taste and Smell
It smells very beautifully with its strong citrus sour aroma with some sweetness in it. There is also an earthy aroma when exhaling this weed similar to wet mud and grass.
The flavor is predominantly citrus-like and has hints of pineapple and has some sweetness to it. The taste is quite delicious and definitely makes the users feel good with just one pull.
Pineapple Kush Growing Tips
The accessibility of the seeds of the Pineapple Kush cannabis strain makes it quite hard for the community of growers to increase in number.
It is very hard finding the original seeds from the actual strain which makes it quite rare and limits the growth potential of the market. The simplicity of growing this strain has made the strain quite popular amongst beginners that can get their hands on the seeds or perfect cuttings to clone it.
The strain is relatively simple to grow without many complications to the extent that even a total beginner can successfully cultivate it. Once you get your hands on the seeds or perfect cutting, this weed can be grown outdoors or indoors.
The latter option is preferred by the majority of growers because it has a higher success rate. It takes up to 8-9 weeks for the weed to flower and thereafter can be harvested and used for many purposes, including extracting its oil.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Pineapple Kush Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 15.75 - 17.5%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.33 - 0.52%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.11 - 0.83%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.1 - 1.32%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.39 - 0.36%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.21 - 1.16%
Pineapple Kush Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
Pineapple Kush strain lineage
Pineapple Kush Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 21.5 - 23.75%
CBD 0.82 - 1.12%
THC 19 - 20.5%
CBD 0.43 - 0.7%
THC 17.67 - 21.67%
CBD 0.53 - 0.79%
THC 17 - 18.6%
CBD 0.23 - 4.02%
THC 28.24 - 31.04%
CBD 0.22 - 7.04%
THC 16.25 - 19.75%
CBD 0.17 - 0.52%
THC 22 - 25.5%
CBD 0.57 - 0.84%
THC 15.25 - 17.75%
CBD 0.19 - 0.5%
THC 19.75 - 23%
CBD 0.56 - 0.93%
THC 22.4 - 25%
CBD 0.62 - 0.9%
THC 21 - 22.75%
CBD 0.34 - 0.8%
THC 20.25 - 22.25%
CBD 0.36 - 0.59%
THC 18.33 - 20.33%
CBD 0.32 - 0.64%
THC 21 - 23.67%
CBD 0.78 - 1.2%
THC 19.33 - 20.67%
CBD 0.65 - 1%
THC 19 - 22.25%
CBD 0.46 - 0.7%
THC 19.67 - 24.33%
CBD 0.54 - 0.91%
THC 19 - 21.25%
CBD 0.24 - 0.55%