Last updated 20 May 2020
By visiting the Site, or using any of Site services, you agree that we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Site services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms and Conditions, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. This Policy is incorporated by reference into AskGrowers Terms and Conditions.
Information We Collect And How We Use It
We collect certain types of information in order to better provide our Site to all of our users. We use the information to:
- fulfill your requests, provide the Site’s functionality, improve the Site’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Site, provide feedback, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Site, and comply with legal obligations;
- detect security incidents and protect, investigate, prevent, and potentially take action against possible deceptive, fraudulent, unauthorized, malicious or illegal activities, and to respond to claims that Site content is inauthentic, counterfeit, or otherwise violates the rights of third parties, based on our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the systems and applications used for our Site and in protecting our rights, your rights, and the rights of others.
To the extent that AskGrowers’ processing of your personal information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, AskGrowers relies on your consent, given through affirmative assent upon visiting the Site, to process your information data.
The types of information we may collect, and how that information is used, depend on how you use our Site:
- Public Content. The information that you contribute or post on the Site is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, comments, compliments, information content.
- Voluntarily Provided Information. Messages that you exchange with us, notwithstanding the means of such exchange, are saved. We may also store the information that you provide when you communicate with us, including your e-mail, name, demographics information such as your gender and location, contact details you might be willing to communicate us.
When you use certain features of the Site, you can opt-in to receive marketing, or administrative messaging from us. This information is largely used to process and deliver those messages, based on our legitimate interest in facilitating communications and responding to you for things like customer support. We also use it to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials. You may always opt out of our direct marketing e-mails by following the instructions contained within our promotional e-mails.
We gather no sensitive information (in particular, medical and health-related), as well as payment/transactional information.
How We Share Your Information
We generally do not share your personal information, except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information at your direction
- We may share your information with other third parties who perform legitimate services on our behalf as described below
- We may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses, or to protect AskGrowers, our Site, or any rights, property, or personal safety of AskGrowers or others
- Finally, in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred as a business asset
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Advertisers. AskGrowers does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. However, we may allow third-party Cookies to collect the same type of information for the same purposes that AskGrowers does for itself. In doing so, AskGrowers adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.
- Aggregate Information. We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties such as advertisers, brand managers, and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on advertisements or certain products, or the general characteristics of such users. We anonymize this data wherever possible.
- Businesses on AskGrowers. We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender, your devices, and your use of the Site and Site services) with third-party businesses listed on the Site. Additionally, if you make a phone call to a business through or in connection with your use of the Site and Site services, we may share basic information about your call with the business that you contacted, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number (this same information would have been available to the business had you contacted them directly, and not through the Site and Site services). You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone’s settings or phone service provider.
- Investigations. We may investigate and disclose information from or about you to third parties like law enforcement if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (i) is reasonably necessary to comply with federal, state, or local legal process and legally binding law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (ii) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Websites or Services; or (iii) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, clients, partners, or the public.
Rights to Opt-In /Opt-out
You have the right to “opt in” and/or “opt out” of certain uses of your personal information. For example, you may have the opportunity to elect whether you would like to receive correspondence from us for marketing purposes, and how your information may be shared with third parties.
Rights to Access and Control Your Information
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have choices about how your data is collected, used, and shared. You may be able to:
- Edit some of your personal information. You can also ask us to change, update, or fix your data provided to us in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate
- Ask us to stop using your personal information (e.g., if AskGrowers has no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your data is inaccurate or unlawfully held)
- Ask us for a copy of your personal information
AskGrowers may also process information that constitutes your personal information for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to AskGrowers’s use of your personal information for this purpose at any time.
Your California Rights; Privacy Notice For California Residents
If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. For purposes of this section, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), but does not include certain de-identified or aggregated information, information publicly available in government records, or certain information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
As a California resident, you are entitled to certain privacy rights further explained below. These rights are not absolute and are subject to exceptions. We may be required or permitted by law to decline your request. When requesting to exercise your right to access and deletion under the CCPA, only you, a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, or an entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make such a verifiable request.
You have the following rights:
- The right to request a copy of the categories of personal information and specific personal information collected about you in the last 12 months
- The right to delete personal information collected from you, except as necessary to comply with legal obligations, detect, prevent and mitigate security incidents, bugs or fraudulent, malicious, deceptive or illegal activity, or as otherwise provided under applicable law
- The right not to have your personal information sold to third parties, if applicable. AskGrowers does not sell your personal information. However, California law broadly defines what constitutes “personal information” such that cookie and technical information shared with targeted advertising vendors may constitute a “sale” of “personal information”
- The right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights described above
For privacy and security purposes, we are required to verify your request before we fulfill your request. We will require you to verify your identity or the validity of your representation before fulfilling your request for privacy and security purposes. To verify your identity or representation, we may ask for you to share data to be able to look up your data and ensure you are who you claim to be. You may also be required to provide us with a signed declaration under penalty of perjury.
In addition, if you are an authorized representative, we may request: a copy of your valid government-issued identification or other proof of identity acceptable to us in our sole discretion; and, a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 – 4465 or as otherwise sufficient in our discretion to establish your authority as an authorized representative.
This Site is not directed to anyone under the age of consent. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that anyone under consent has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
Links to Other Web Sites
We follow generally accepted industry standards, including SSL, to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Please note that we take your privacy seriously and therefore take steps to safeguard your personal information, including ensuring an adequate level of data protection in accordance with international standards.
If you are not satisfied with how we have stored or processed your personal information, please contact us pursuant to the section below. If you would like to access, revise, or delete any personal information, please submit a written Data Request by contacting us as provided for below.
UCORRBERT TECHNOLOGY LLC
414 Greenwood Dr., Wilmington,
DE 19808, USA