Your Black Jack Weed Info Guide
Are you looking for a Black Jack strain review? You’ve come to the right place.
What makes it so great is its taste and smell. Although it has an earthy texture, it’s sweet like honey. This contrast drives people wild, and so does its high- it’s intense.
Well, have we enticed you yet? If we have, you’re one of the many thousand fans out there.
A History Of The Black Jack Genetics
Humans have been toying with marijuana for ages. Having made many strains, it’s hard to pick a favorite. However, marijuana enthusiasts around the world have a sweet spot for Black Jack.
Here’s how it came into being:
How was the Black Jack strain developed?
The Black Jack is a cross between the Black Domina and Jack Herer. Because of this, you see many features from its parents.
It is a majority Indica strain, at 70%. The other 30% is Sativa. In terms of its THC percentage, it’s relatively up there at 18%.
There are 2 varieties:
- Sweet Seeds
They differ in appearance and taste.
The Black Domina is an Indica. It has a very citrusy flavor that comes with tones of coffee afterward. Its earthy flavor is amplified through the slight notes of nuts passing through.
It has 18-24% levels of THC and its high is known to leave you drowsy. The state is almost sedative-like, known to help deal with some of the most intense pain.
The Jack Herer is a Sativa strain. It’s named after the cannabist John Herer. Unlike the Black Domina, the Jack Herer has a very floral taste. It’s known to have lemon notes in it, amplifying the floral-like taste.
Although mellow, it’s known to energize you. This is in sharp contrast to the Black Domina’s sedative-like state.
What Is The Lineage Of Black Jack Weed?
As we know where it came from, we can take a look into Black Jack’s family. So, what do we know?
What Are The Black Jack Strain Effects?
Before you buy any type of marijuana, it’s important you know its effects. So, let’s dive into Black Jacks’.
From this assortment, most people reported feeling relaxed and happy. In terms of creativity, it’s seen quite a bit, but how intense your creativity is will depend according to the person.
What are the medical uses of Black Jack?
Due to its ability to bring about relaxation, it is widely used to tackle stress. Other than this, its relaxation abilities make it great for things like anxiety and even muscle cramps and spasms.
The euphoria it gives is numbing, making it suitable for pain relief too.
What are the side effects of Black Jack?
All types of marijuana have side effects, this is perfectly natural. We’ll be diving into Black Jacks’.
Its major side effect is dry mouth. Other than this, the other effects aren’t as common, being barely reported. In terms of what these are, they’re dry eyes, dizziness and headaches.
What Are The Reasons To Choose Black jack Marijuana Strain
There are 2 varieties of Black Jack out there. They both look different. In terms of the Nirvana type, it’s pale in color like olive and has an orange tone throughout due to orange pistils.
When compared to the other variety, the Nirvana is smaller.
The other variety is the Sweet Seeds and is much denser. Instead of an orange hue, it has a purple tint.
The Nirvana and Sweet Seeds are very earthy in scent. In fact, they’re both reminiscent of a forest. These are the base scents in both, but they differ in terms of undertones.
The Sweet Seeds as its name suggests has a more sweet scent to it. It’s very much like orange blossoms. This is much like the Jack Herer if you recall.
In terms of the Nirvana, its undertone is berries, specifically blackberries.
Not only do they smell earthy, but they also taste earthy. If you’re a fan of nicotine, you’ll love tasting a hint of it with the Black Jack by your side.
Of course, the undertones discussed give it a sweet, almost sucrose kick.
Although the smoke can be heavy, it’s common knowledge that it goes down like butter.
If you like rolling up the hash, it is the strain for you. It has a very high resin content, making it perfect for rolling. This also makes it suitable for THC extraction.
Moreover, it’s known to offer some pretty cool psychedelic effects.
Its high is pretty long-lasting as it can go on for about 4 hours. This is insane compared to other strains, even Black Jack’s parents.
Who Is The Black Jack Cannabis Most Suitable For?
It is mainly used for medical purposes. This is due to its deep, bodily relaxation. This makes it great for heavy pain relief.
It does this due to the psychedelic effect we discussed. It also affects your cerebellum, slowing it down.
Of course, if you just want to get incredibly high, Black Jack is your guy.
Because of its psychedelic effects, people are encouraged to use it during the evening as you don’t want to be at work tripping out, now do you?
A Black Jack Strain Review – Can You Cook With It?
It’s not a full review if we don’t discuss whether you can make it into edibles.
If you wanted to, you could make it into edibles. That being said, you might not want to do this because of its intense ability to bring about drowsiness. You’ll be tempted to keep having it, making you basically comatose.
Like with all types of marijuana, you’ll have to dissolve the THC in the strain first. So, mix the Black Jack with the fat of your choice before you add it to whatever you’re making. Thankfully, this happens naturally when you make things like Brownies, which is why it’s the most common form of Edible out there.
Black Jack Marijuana Strain – What Do Growers Think About It?
Black Jack is one of the easiest strains you can grow. Not only is it very easy, but it’s also a strain that isn’t high maintenance.
If you decide to grow it, you’ll see that it reaches up to 110 cm in height. This is the same if you decide to grow it indoors or out.
It also produces 500 grams per meter. However, this is only outdoors. If you were to grow it indoors, you’ll see it producing 250 grams per meter.
How to grow Black Jack – A summary
Let’s sum up what we just ran through:
|Height||Favorable climate||Yield||Time to grown|
How Popular Is Black Jack With Growers?
Black Jack is a very popular strain. You can find it with ease as it’s not the hardest to produce. In fact, it’s very common amongst novice growers.
How Popular Is Black Jack With Dispensaries?
As it’s easy to grow and produces quite a bit of yield, you won’t have trouble finding the strain.
Are There Similar Strains?
From all the strains out there, we think the below are the most like the Black Jack:
- Jack Herer (It’s a lot like the Sweet Sides variety of Black Jack)
- Strawberry cough
- Super Blue Dream
- Maui Wowie
All in all, Black Jack is an incredible strain to have at your disposal. Not only can it get you pretty high, but you’ll also feel like you’re on an acid trip. The best thing is that it lasts for up to 4 hours.
It’s a strain that’s earthy, but depending on the variety you get, the undertones differ. Either way, they’re fruity.
If you’re thinking about growing Black Jack, it’s easy and produces a relatively high yield. So, don’t be afraid to take the leap.
What Strain Is Black Jack Weed? An FAQ Section
Is Black Jack a Sativa or Indica?
This is a good question. Black Jack is an Indica. It’s about 70% Indica while the remaining 30% is Sativa. This is due to its very long Indica lineage.
How high is the yield for Black Jack weed strain?
If you’re thinking of growing the plant, know that its yield is high. You can expect 250 grams per meter if you grow it indoors. This number almost doubles when you grow it this way, as you can expect up to 550 grams per meter.