Cali Kush Strain Review
If you are looking to use cannabis for recreational purposes, then the Cali Kush is the best option. It is a great pot choice to use when in a casual social gathering like when chilling with friends. It is also for use when you need to relax at the end of the day.
Cali Kush uplifts your mood and leaves you in a state of relaxation without causing a buzzing head high. It is one of those marijuana strains that doesn’t cause a couch-lock.
Are you interested in learning more about this magical strain? Read this Cali Cush strain review.
What is the THC/CBD Ratio?
Cali Kush strain THC level hovers around 24% providing powerful effects. The CBD content is 1% which is responsible for its medical effects.
The History of Cali Kush Weed
How was it developed?
The name Cali Cush also California Kush is likely to suggest that the strain originates from California. However, Cali Kush was never bred in California. The true origin of this strain is unknown but there exist two speculations.
It is believed to come in two distinct strains from different breeders. One is a balanced pure Indica bred by Sumo Seeds- a Netherlands-based company. The other is an Indica-leaning hybrid by Anesia Seeds from Spain.
The Lineage of Cali Kush
Sumo Seed’s Cali Kush weed strain is a cross between Mendocino Purps and LA Confidential. To grow this strain, you will need to obtain clippings from mature healthy plants.
The Anesia Seed’s Cali Kush is a cross between Strawberry Kush and OG Kush.
What are the Effects of Cali Kush?
Cali Kush weed is an excellent choice for use on a lazy day alone or when hanging out with friends. While it is an Indica dominant strain, it gives you a head high that will increase your level of alertness. However, this is temporary, as the physical high starts to kick in, you will soon find yourself in a state of relaxation.
It offers a soothing and calming sensation that slowly increases in intensity. Within a short time, you will feel happy. Some people may feel euphoric but in a way that makes them very energetic.
What are the Medical Appointments of Cali Kush?
Cali Kush marijuana strain is one of the top strains when it comes to treating depression. It is also ideal for relieving stress.
Cali Kush is also an analgesic and anti-inflammatory weed with muscle-relaxing properties. The relaxing properties it produces also helps in reducing pain symptoms. Therefore, those experiencing chronic pains and aches will find it beneficial.
Cali Kush is more of an evening treat, thus its effects may lead to deep and restful sleep. This makes it ideal for those dealing with insomnia.
Lastly, it can be used to enhance appetite. When it kicks in, it heightens hunger making edibles irresistible. This effect makes it useful to those dealing with food-related issues. It also stops nausea and vomiting which is helpful to cancer patients who are undergoing chemotherapy.
What are the Side Effects?
Similar to other weed strains, you can expect negative reactions when you use the Cali Cush strain. It leaves your mouth and eyes dry—these are common reactions with all cannabis strains so it is nothing to worry about. However, users are encouraged to check on how much they consume as it can lead to elevated levels of anxiety.
|Positive Effects||Medical Effects||Negative Effects|
What are the Reasons to Choose Cali Kush Strain?
The Cali Kush has small medium-sized buds that are spherical with a tight and dense structure. The leaves are pale-green and are streaked with blue and purple hues. These shades come out as a result of when high concentrations of the pigments in the plant are activated by cold temperatures.
Smell and Aroma
Cured flowers of this strain have floral¸ herbal scents with a mint hint. The smoke is mellow and has a fruity aftertaste.
This strain has a skunk flavor that makes it delightful.
Cali Kush cannabis strain produces dense and immense buds. The blue and purple hues are quite attractive and create such an attractive view.
Cali Kush is useful if you are seeking to spend some time away from daily life bustle. It offers a deep state of relaxation allowing you to wake up fresh and ready for the day ahead.
Who is More Suitable for It?
This weed can be used for any of the following:
- Patients experiencing chronic aches and pain.
- Individuals experiencing mental health disorders like depression can find relief in Cali Kush.
- Those experiencing insomnia and can’t find relief naturally.
What do Growers Think About it?
Cali Kush is an apple of the eye for many growers. It is easy to grow and has a fast maturity period of only 8 weeks. It is a popular strain among many recreational users which makes its demand so high. This encourages more growers to cultivate it. The yield is also moderately high.
- Cali Kush Farms
- Sundance Gardens
- Maggie’s Farm
How to Grow
Cali Kush weed strain can be planted either as clippings or seeds. When you have either of these ready, you can proceed to grow it indoors or outdoors. When grown outdoors, it thrives best on a Mediterranean climate. However, the plant thrives best when grown indoors.
This strain responds well to the Sea of Green method and can produce better yields if grown outdoors. Growing Cali Kush is easy as the plant is resistant to fungus and mold, thus allowing even beginners to enjoy the process.
It has a shorter vegetative growth, usually 7 weeks, compared to other strains. When grown indoors, it takes 7 to 8 weeks to flower and produces a yield of 24 ounces per square meter. When grown outdoors, it is ready for harvest within the third week of September and will produce a yield of 20 ounces per plant.
How does the Flavor of a Strain Affect the Taste of Edibles?
Normally, most marijuana pots come in the form of oil concentrates, distillates, and wax. There a few outlets or shops that will offer cannabis edibles. However, most of these will not indicate the type of strain that they have used in the edibles but will only label the CBD and THC content. You can also opt to use your favorite weed in your edibles like juice, salads or even use it to bake. In most cases, the original flavor of the strain will remain in the edibles and even though the concentration may not be high, it can still bring about the strain effects.
- LA Confidential
- OG Kush
- Strawberry Kush
Cali Kush strain is a highly potent Indica hybrid as you will see from this review. It is an evening pot that will leave you relaxed and lead to deep sleep. Despite its Indica leanings, it makes you active and alert. It is also ideal for use to treat medical conditions like depression, stress, and also relieves pain. It is a good appetite booster and is ideal for cancer patients as it combats nausea and vomiting allowing them to eat. It is an easy to grow strain with a moderate yield.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Cali Kush Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 14.5 - 16.25%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.32 - 0.57%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.3 - 0.9%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.3 - 0.99%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.16 - 0.3%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.36 - 1.11%
Cali Kush Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||0.99%|
Cali Kush strain lineage
Cali Kush Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 19.5 - 22.5%
CBD 0.24 - 0.49%
THC 17.83 - 20%
CBD 0.39 - 0.69%
THC 19.75 - 21.5%
CBD 0.55 - 0.7%
THC 20 - 22%
CBD 0.52 - 0.94%
THC 20 - 21.5%
CBD 0.5 - 0.84%
THC 15.25 - 17.75%
CBD 0.01 - 0.13%
THC 13.25 - 15.5%
CBD 0.15 - 0.32%
THC 18.8 - 21%
CBD 0.39 - 0.69%
THC 16.32 - 20.58%
CBD 0.49 - 0.88%
THC 19 - 22.25%
CBD 0.46 - 0.7%
THC 22 - 24.5%
CBD 0.52 - 0.9%
THC 19.8 - 21.6%
CBD 0.57 - 0.77%
THC 17.33 - 19.67%
CBD 1.28 - 2.44%
THC 20 - 22%
CBD 0.28 - 0.57%
THC 24.25 - 26.5%
CBD 0.36 - 0.71%
THC 19.25 - 21.75%
CBD 0.19 - 0.36%
THC 18.33 - 20.33%
CBD 0.63 - 0.88%
THC 22 - 25.5%
CBD 0.57 - 0.84%