All About Purple Starburst Weed Strain
Another cannabis strain for the fans of balanced hybrids, the Purple Starburst strain is equal parts Indica and Sativa. Created by Symbiotic Genetics, it is the child strain of Starburst OG and Purple Punch F2. It comes with a low THC content of just 15%, which makes it a good mild weed to consume even if you are a beginner. It offers very fruity flavors and contains Limonene as a dominant terpene.
Aroma and Taste of Purple Starburst
As soon as you crack the buds open, you will smell fruity scents of apricot, grape, and pineapple. These notes find their way into the flavor of this weed as well. There are some hints of pepper in the taste too, making for a pleasant overall flavor profile. Consuming this strain is going to be enjoyable whether you want to smoke the flower or infuse the weed into some cannabutter for making edibles.
The following terpenes are what combine to create this flavor profile:
- Limonene – introducing fruity notes of apricot and others
- Pinene – adding the sweetness and tartness of pineapple and grape
- Myrcene – bringing more fruity notes
- Caryophyllene – adding the kick of pepper
Effects and Usage
The main effects of this weed include the following:
- Burst of Energy
Keeping these in view, Purple Starburst can be a good option for daytime and afternoon smoking. It will create a positive and uplifting vibe to get you through your day. It's also a great weed to consume before heading off to a social meetup. With its low THC content, it is also suitable for consumption by beginners. Some side effects that can be felt include paranoia, concern, dizziness, and headache.
Purple Starburst can also aid medical marijuana users in treating symptoms for some medical issues such as:
Information for Growers
With light and dark green hues contrasted by a dusting of white trichomes, the buds of this cannabis plant look very appealing. The seeds for the plant can be planted indoors as well as outdoors and produce the buds in 55 to 63 days. The plants do need a good amount of space to grow, though, as they can reach heights of up to 80 inches. If grown properly and cared for, they can give you a moderate yield of 400 g/m2.
Purple Starburst Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 15 - 15%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.39 - 0.49%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.15 - 0.19%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.43 - 0.5%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.02 - 0.17%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.26 - 0.37%
Purple Starburst Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|