All About Nitrous Weed Strain
Nitrous is one of those strains that offer both creativity and relaxation because of their 50:50 ratio of Indica:Sativa. This is a potent cannabis strain with 22% of THC content. It has a very nice flavor profile that is sure to be appreciated by cannabis connoisseurs who favor sweet and earthy notes in their weed.
Main Effects of Nitrous
After taking some Nitrous, you will quickly start to feel a sense of relaxation wash over your body. Negative thoughts will fade away and happiness will take over. This relaxation also comes with a feeling of focus and creativity though, making it possible to get some work done. However, the ultimate outcome of smoking these buds is often couch-lock, so make sure to consume this weed during the afternoon or late evening when you can afford to get knocked down by its effects.
Because of such potent effects and its high THC content, this is not the best marijuana cultivar for beginners. It can sometimes cause side effects like fatigue, thirst, rapid heartbeat, and dryness of the eyes. Medical patients suffering from a lack of appetite, anxiety, Multiple Sclerosis, and migraines may take this strain to alleviate some of their symptoms.
Smell and Taste
If you're a fan of sweet notes in the aroma and taste of your weed, you will appreciate this one. It has very discernable notes of plums, roses, chestnuts, and coffee. These combine to create an overall sweet and yet complex flavor profile that will also work well if you want to bake some weed brownies for yourself.
The following terpenes are behind these flavors:
- Myrcene – adds the sweetness of plums
- Caryophyllene – brings the bitterness of coffee
- Eucalyptol – adds strong notes of chestnuts and coffee
- Limonene – brings various sweet notes.
Like most cannabis plants, you can grow Nitrous strain inside or outside as long as you have enough space. The plant can grow up to 80 inches in height so a good amount of space is necessary not only to accommodate its height but also to give it proper ventilation. The buds usually get ready to harvest in 53 to 64 days and growers report a yield of around 400 g/m2.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Nitrous Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 15 - 16%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.99 - 1.12%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.18 - 0.3%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.02 - 0.12%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.14 - 0.24%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.23 - 0.29%
Nitrous Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.01%|