All About Old Family Purple Weed Strain
Old Family Purple is a cannabis strain that is slightly Indica-dominant, with a 60/40 ratio of Indica/Sativa. Its lineage can be traced back to Purple Urkle and Triangle Kush. The Old Family Purple strain contains up to 22.5% of THC content and offers some very fruity flavors that are sure to please consumers.
Main Effects of Old Family Purple
The primary effects that consumers report when they have this weed include:
The overall effects of this marijuana strain are quite energizing. Smoking the buds or having an edible made with its oil will give you a boost in your creative output. People also become very happy and giggly after having it and feel generally uplifted and positive. Some consumers also report feeling relaxed after a while. All of this makes it a good strain to choose for afternoon consumption.
Due to its higher THC content, this cultivar may not be very suitable for beginners. It can cause some side effects like headaches and paranoia other than the usual dryness of the mouth. Medical marijuana patients report using this cannabis to treat their symptoms of ADD, ADHD, fatigue, anxiety, and stress.
Flavors and Aroma
The overall aroma and flavor profiles of this cannabis are quite fruity and sweet. There are notes of lemon and other citrus fruits that are noticed first when breaking the buds apart. Some sweet notes of grapes are also quite noticeable in both aroma and flavor. These notes are created by the combination of Limonene, Linalool, Caryophyllene, and Bisabolol.
All four of these terpenes are known for their citrusy and fruity notes, and they all bring various notes of citrus. The sweetness of grapes comes mainly from Caryophyllene to round everything off. Other sweet notes are introduced by the rest of the terpenes as well.
Growers report that Old Family Purple has a flowering time of around 55-61 days. The plant can grow up to a medium height in both indoor and outdoor conditions. Its feminized seeds are easily available too. The plant provides a moderate yield at the end of its flowering period. The buds you will get are distinguished by their purple and blue hues.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Old Family Purple Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 16 - 21.5%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.4 - 0.6%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.31 - 0.45%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.03 - 0.1%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.33 - 0.49%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.09 - 0.11%
Old Family Purple Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||0.98%|