All About Layer Cake Weed Strain
Layer Cake is an Indica-dominant hybrid marijuana strain. It is cultivated by many different cultivators. However, its origin can be attributed to Swamp Boys Seeds. The Layer Cake strain has four parent strains. These are Triangle Kush, Skunk, GMO, and Wedding Cake. The first two are crossed at the beginning, and then the resulting strain is crossed with GMO and then with Wedding Cake. This complex layering is what gives the strain its name.
This weed has a high THC content, averaging at over 25%. Such a high THC value makes this cannabis suited more to experienced users. It contains Limonene as the primary terpene and has a pungent aroma.
Effects and Uses of Layer Cake
Whether you prefer to smoke the buds or make edibles using its oil, this marijuana will give you a buzzing effect all over your body. It will also cause a feeling of euphoria. Despite its strong effects, it does not cause couch-lock, which might be a reason for its popularity. Users report feeling bursts of motivation, and they remain focused.
Taste and Aroma
This cannabis comes with the following terpenes:
The combination of these gives this weed a pungent aroma that will remind you of cheese. It also has a strong woody smell. The taste of the marijuana is similar to the smell, albeit with a very pleasant and buttery aftertaste.
Its seeds can be purchased quite easily online. The plant can be grown indoors as well as outdoors. You can get your hands on the buds in around 63 days, more or less.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Layer Cake Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 22 - 25%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.76 - 1.16%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.38 - 0.65%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.22 - 0.58%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.04 - 0.14%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.53 - 0.68%
Layer Cake Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.01%|