Strawberry Fields Strain Review
Strawberry Fields is a gem that was first bred by people at Sagarmatha Seeds in the Netherlands. The main goal of the breeders was to create a strain for everyone to enjoy. This led to the creation of a hybrid with effects from both the Sativa and Indica families, blended into highly potent marijuana.
The exact origin of the Strawberry Fields weed remains uncertain. What is known is that one of the parents is the Strawberry Cough strain which, in combo with an Indica strain, created a delicious plant that unwinds people after a long and stressful day.
This marijuana gives you the munchies, so make sure to have some snacks to keep you full. Then, lie back and relax while its buds take you to a new, uplifting and euphoric place. Whether you decide to consume the Strawberry Fields marijuana strain by smoking the pot, vaporizing it, or eating it in wax form, know that this one is hard-hitting.
The THC level of the strain is as high as 24%. Combined with really low CBD, the strain is not something to be toyed with. Despite the amazing taste that makes you crave more, make sure not to take more than the moderate dosage, especially if you are a novice marijuana user.
To learn what to expect from a strain, you must start from its origin. And while no one knows for sure why the breeders picked the name, there are some guesses that sound about right. It is believed that the name was inspired by the strawberry flavor and aroma. From this point, breeders chose the Strawberry Fields Forever song by The Beatles as inspiration.
Even so, this is the irrelevant part. What truly matters in order to find out the effects and quality of a strain is its lineage. That being said, the Strawberry Fields marijuana is a cross of Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Cough, and possibly the Tangie strain. Researchers say that the strain started its journey in the marijuana world in the Netherlands, but the Crockett Family Farms breeders from North America were also involved in the making of the seeds.
When one pot is as popular as Strawberry Fields cannabis, you can expect a myriad of great effects when you consume it. Here are the numbers that are linked to the use of the Strawberry Fields cannabis:
|Relaxation||71% of users|
|Happiness||55% of users|
|Euphoria||41% of users|
|Uplifted spirits||30% of users|
|Sleepiness||26% of users|
Those who have consumed the Strawberry Fields marijuana report that this is somewhat of a creeper strain. What does this mean? It means that the Strawberry Fields doesn’t hit as hard as other highly potent Indica-dominant strains. This is what makes it extremely pleasant but also, it means that you must pace yourself if you don’t have experience with high THC potency in marijuana. When you smoke this weed for the first time, expect to feel symptoms after 15 to 20 minutes. So, err on the side of caution and take it slowly to avoid any of the possible side effects.
When you start smoking it, you can expect a lovely sense of euphoria that slowly turns your stressed mental state into happy. You’ll immediately experience happiness and relaxation, getting the sense that everything in the world is finally okay.
Wave after wave, sedation will become your reality and you’ll probably grasp for some sweets. Since the Strawberry Fields weed offers 1% CBD in the THC: CBD ratio, this strain also has amazing medical applications.
Are There Any Medical Benefits?
Stress is a big part of our lives today and having a solution like Strawberry Fields strain that can take all that away in minutes is amazing. This doesn’t just make this plant an amazing recreational pot. It also makes it perfect if you’re trying to treat depression, anxiety, and even PTSD. When the buzz from this strain hits the user, all the pains and aches, both physical and mental, seem to fade into nothing.
Meanwhile, the Strawberry Fields cannabis will provide you with a soothing buzz, which puts your body and brain into a fully relaxed state. These effects make it a perfect tool against insomnia.
Finally, there’s the very contradictory medical use of the strain. Even though, because of the high potency, the Strawberry Fields cannabis may make you cough at times, smoking it is known to alleviate nightly coughing fits. Of course, this can prove to be even more effective if you choose an alternative to smoking it.
This is a potent strain so yes, you can definitely expect some side effects, especially if you overdo it. The most common side effects with the Strawberry Fields marijuana are cottonmouth and red eyes. These are common symptoms with many powerful strains because of the level of cannabinoids they contain. Cannabinoids interfere with the moisture production in the salivary glands and tear ducts. But thankfully, such side effects will subside with minimal effort on your behalf, which includes hydration and eye drops.
If you are a novice user and still take too much of the Strawberry Fields marijuana because of its creeping effects, you may feel nausea, become anxious, feel dizziness, or have a headache. With such powerful cannabis, you need to start small to get accustomed to the strength of the high.
What Are The Features Of The Strawberry Fields Marijuana?
The Strawberry Fields weed has recognizable and unique features. Let’s see what the plant, its flower, and seeds look like, as well as explore the rest of the features.
How does the Strawberry Fields cannabis look, smell, or taste?
When you light up the Strawberry Fields pot, you will sense a strong scent of freshly picked strawberries with berry undertones. Breaking apart its nugs would let out a smell of citrus, an aroma that will only grow stronger as you smoke it.
As you’d expect by learning the name, the Strawberry Fields strain has a taste of strawberries. Once again, you’ll enjoy ripe berries and citrus taste. The aftertaste is slightly herbal and you can expect the taste of moist soil to linger on your palate.
Appearance-wise, the buds are cone-shaped with light minty green nugs. The leaves have a darker green hue and are accompanied by bright orange hair with many glistening white trichomes due to the high THC levels.
Should You Consume The Strawberry Fields Cannabis Strain?
If you are in for some calming effects, then yes, the Strawberry Fields weed is perfect for you. But since the strain is so delicious, you might be tempted to smoke more and more until you feel something. That’s a bad idea. This strain may hit later, but it hits hard, too.
Is The Strawberry Fields Strain Popular With Growers?
Since the Strawberry Fields has many recreational and medical applications, it’s really popular with growers, too. Even so, the growing process isn’t really simple, so novice marijuana growers tend to try different strains before they move on to this one.
How To Grow The Strawberry Fields Cannabis?
Once you get your hands on Strawberry Fields seeds, you should opt for clandestine grow. The plant has strong and thick branches and stalks, which means that it can withstand the strong wind. Despite the big size of the buds, the plant is very sturdy, so it will hardly break off.
Outdoor harvests of the Strawberry Fields cannabis strain are ready at the end of September and yield around 12 ounces per plant. Those who grow the strain indoors can expect the strain to flower in seven to nine weeks, providing 10 to 12 ounces per square meter planted.
Is Strawberry Fields useful to edibles?
Yes. Because of its many recreational and medical applications, the Strawberry Fields cannabis can be found in many forms that include edibles, gummies, extracts, concentrates, etc.
If you can’t find the strain or feel like trying something similar to it, here are some great alternatives to the Strawberry Fields marijuana:
- Money Maker is an indica-dominant strain and a cross between Skunk, Master Kush, and Hindu Kush. This is an award-winning strain with amazing indica-like features and effects. Its uses are similar to those of the Strawberry Fields marijuana, especially in terms of medical cannabis treatments.
- Super Skunk is another indica-dominant strain made by crossing the Afghani Hash plant and the Skunk strain. The strain is a product of Sensi Seeds, a company that has created some amazing buds. It has powerful effects and provides similar relaxation to that of the Strawberry Fields weed.
With a distinct and memorable strawberry taste and smell, the Strawberry Fields marijuana strain is certainly alluring. This weed is highly potent, which means that you should use it with caution, especially if you are a newbie marijuana user.
Once you get accustomed to its high, you can expect amazing calming effects that will take away pain, stress, and any kind of suffering away from your body and your mind.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Strawberry Fields Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 19 - 22.25%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.71 - 1.18%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.41 - 0.79%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.11 - 1%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.18 - 0.33%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.24 - 1%
Strawberry Fields Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
Strawberry Fields strain lineage
Strawberry Fields Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 16.5 - 19.25%
CBD 0.36 - 0.72%
THC 18 - 20.2%
CBD 0.49 - 0.76%
THC 18 - 20%
CBD 0.31 - 0.62%
THC 20 - 22.75%
CBD 0.6 - 1.03%
THC 16 - 19%
CBD 0.64 - 0.93%
THC 18 - 20.4%
CBD 3 - 1.38%
THC 19 - 22%
CBD 0.3 - 0.62%
THC 18.33 - 20.67%
CBD 0.5 - 0.63%
THC 19 - 22%
CBD 0.19 - 0.78%
THC 19 - 21.5%
CBD 0.22 - 0.57%
THC 15.2 - 17.4%
CBD 0.49 - 0.67%
THC 20 - 21.75%
CBD 0.46 - 0.82%
THC 17 - 19.2%
CBD 0.42 - 0.66%
THC 19.33 - 21%
CBD 0.69 - 0.95%
THC 20.25 - 22.25%
CBD 0.82 - 1.03%
THC 18 - 20.6%
CBD 0.5 - 0.79%