All Information About Pineapple Express Weed Strain
One of the most popular strains on the market today is the Pineapple Express. While the Pineapple Express became immensely popular after the release of the movie by the same name, it’s been around for much longer than the movie. The exact origins are a bit hard to trace as there is no specific data on where it first appeared. It’s a Sativa-dominant hybrid strain from G13 Labs that was developed by crossing the Trainwreck and the Hawaiian weed. It is the right choice for connoisseurs who appreciate the strains with higher than average potency. THC content in this weed can reach 20-23%.
Taste and Smell
Pineapple Express marijuana smells a bit like sweet citrus mixed with some tropical fruit such as pineapple while the aroma it gives is earthy, piney, sweet and kind of like pineapple. It has a nice fruity cocktail flavor with kind of pine aftertaste. It’s basically tropical, sweet and sour at the same time tipping over to some mango-citrus like taste mixed with pineapple.
The effects are not as crazy as in the movie – you will feel uplifted and happy, your creativity will increase, and you’ll feel euphoric. Consumer report being:
Most people that reported back about the medical benefits of the Pineapple Express appeared to have their issues with clinical depression that was reduced after they smoked Pineapple Express. The uplifting and energizing effects really helped them battle their condition. The strain is known by its ability to get people motivated to get up, get out and do things that they wouldn’t otherwise do because of their depression.
Pineapple express marijuana helps with such issues as:
Just like all other strains, this one also has a few negative effects that might bother some people, although because it’s not too potent, the side effects are quite mild. Users noted dry eyes and mouth, dizziness, paranoia and anxiety.
Growers love this particular strain because of the great harvest it offers, although it’s pretty easy to take care of because it’s very tough against fluctuations in temperature and pests. Even as a beginner, it’s not too challenging if you have the right equipment and a place to grow it outside as it will yield much more buds there. Pineapple Express strain seeds aren’t too hard to find and it’s best if you grow it in the fall.
Pineapple Express is considered to be of medium difficulty to grow, so it would be a challenge if you’re just starting out but if you read up on some literature and get the right tools, you should get around. The climate this plant needs in order to thrive is a warm one with a lot of light and if you decide to grow it inside you’ll need a good ventilation system.
Depending on the place you decide to grow this plant, the Pineapple Express strain yield will be between 18oz per 1 square meter when grown inside and as much as 19oz per one plant when grown outside.
The expected flowering time of this plant is between 7 and 9 weeks and the expected harvest for outside growing is somewhere in the middle of October.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Pineapple Express Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 19.33 - 21%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.69 - 0.95%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.2 - 0.68%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.36 - 0.76%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.07 - 0.2%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.16 - 0.79%
Pineapple Express Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
Pineapple Express strain lineage
Pineapple Express Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 16.33 - 18%
CBD 0.53 - 0.75%
THC 18 - 21.5%
CBD 0.44 - 0.7%
THC 18 - 19%
CBD 0.6 - 0.95%
THC 14.67 - 17.33%
CBD 0.34 - 0.31%
THC 13 - 14.67%
CBD 0.34 - 0.67%
THC 17.8 - 20.6%
CBD 0.21 - 0.43%
THC 18.33 - 21%
CBD 0.32 - 0.48%
THC 17.48 - 20.98%
CBD 0.69 - 1.06%
THC 25 - 27.2%
CBD 0.36 - 0.58%
THC 18.65 - 20.65%
CBD 0.76 - 0.95%
THC 15 - 18%
CBD 0.03 - 0.38%
THC 19 - 22%
CBD 0.23 - 0.53%
THC 20 - 21.5%
CBD 0.16 - 0.45%
THC 19.5 - 23%
CBD 0.32 - 0.64%
THC 15.5 - 19%
CBD 0.32 - 0.84%
THC 12.25 - 14.75%
CBD 0.4 - 0.84%
THC 16 - 20.17%
CBD 0.24 - 0.63%