This B52 Strain Weed Info Will Reveal Everything You Need To Know
B52 strain is one of the cannabis strains that contain highly potent genetics that might be too powerful for the average users and it is one of the most wanted at the moment. As one of the best aircraft carries this name as well, you can imagine that the effects of this cannabis can be compared to the mentioned bombers. In this review, we will reveal everything. From the genetics, prices, and effects, to the growing tips and places where you can find nuts and seeds for yourself. Stay tuned and feel free to ask us a question if you have any doubts that we could not make clear for you.
The Origins Of B52
The name of this strain originates from the B52 bomber airplane that crosses the sky and travels fast through the clouds, which is exactly what you feel after this weed. Some say that the strain was named Jet Plane in the early beginnings, but due to the easier classification, they named it after the bomber plane. It came out from Nirvana’s breeding generations. Nirvana is one of the most known and most respected cannabis breeders in the world, with the long tradition and super-potent genetics that everyone loves.
The parent line of B52
B52 weed is a hybrid phenotype that consists of Skunk and Big Bud, both known for its therapeutic abilities and one of the most powerful effects, especially when consumed in a larger amount. This Skunk-dominant hybrid came out as a result of crossing the Afghani and Skunk #1, with the Mexican/Colombian Sativa which is the main part of Skunk #1. Both are known for long-lasting and powerful effects. Therefore, you can expect the mellow Sativa high in combination with the powerful Afghani indica effects.
What Effects Does B52 Produce?
B 52 strain produces pleasant, relaxed, yet euphoric and happy cerebral high that comes with the uplifting waves in sessions. In the first few minutes, you will feel no effects, which is the classic effect of Skunk genetics. The effects can take up to 5 hours. After that, especially if you smoke a bit more, you can become sleepy and you might want to hit the bed. Still, the overall effects can be overwhelming to the new users, especially because that “creepy” high that comes suddenly out of nowhere, which is the Skunk #1 original effect.
The medical value of B52
As all strains have medical values, the B52 cannabis strain offers several medical values as well. This is one of the best stress-relief strains, probably because of the powerful Afghani landrace genetics that simply sweeps away your stress. The depression can be treated successfully as well. Also, should you face any problems with sleep, you can count on this strain to help you with your insomnia as you can easily fall to sleep, especially when you smoke and you lay down on your couch to watch TV. Of course, it is good for pain relief and it is a fantastic appetite stimulator.
What are the negative sides of B52?
One of the biggest negative sides is a dry mouth. Do not start the session without a big glass of water, as your mouth will be dry as the Kalahari desert and your mouth will be so dry that you will not be able to speak until you drink water. Also, bloodshot eyes are guaranteed. The less experienced users may become paranoid and anxious due to the trails of the Colombian Sativa phenotype so be aware of these two issues.
THC content level
The typical example of this genetics contains 15 to 21% of the THC level. Though you may think it is not too much, the type of high is unique that you cannot find anywhere, and rookie users should use it with great caution.
Should you buy a B52?
Absolutely, as this is one of the best cannabis strains that you will find anywhere. When you consider the quality, medical values, growing difficulty, and the yield, you do not need any better. This B52 strain review reveals you everything you need to know about this weed, as this is truly the perfect mix of Skunk and Big Bud, where both of these contain powerful and stable genetics.
The overall look
The first look will make you love it. It has a fat, dense and sticky bud, which is covered with tons of brownish pistils that smell perfectly. The color varies from darker green, to light green, depending on the phenotype. All nugs are packed with crystals that will stay on your hands as these are glue-like. The plants usually have shorter/bushier structure, with wider leaves that are the classic indica characteristics. Make sure to use scissors or high-quality grinders, as you cannot crush buds with your bare hands.
Highly pungent and skunky – no bag will stop the aroma from coming out. The aroma is a combination of earthy and woody smells, with the powerful Skunk-distinctive smell that is strong. As we said, it is hard to stop the smell. So, be careful if you smoke it outside, to avoid attracting unwanted attention.
Upon inhaling, it has the notes of sweetness, though the skunky flavor is prevalent. It is like a sweet candy, with the note of the classic skunk smell. The flavor might be too powerful for someone but this is a classic skunky flavor that every real chiefer wants.
The overall impression
Considering the look, THC level, smell and aroma, this is one of the most authentic examples of cannabis Sativa plant. Also, due to the classic genetics behind this bud, it offers the classic mental skunk-like high that everybody talks about. Caution is strongly advised to inexperienced users. But in a nutshell, this is a strain that you do not want to miss at all.
What Do Growers Think Of B52?
Every grower loves Skunk #1 and since it is part of B52, there is no need to spend too many words on this. It offers great potency, fantastic yield and it is easy to grow. All growers do recommend using SOG growing technique to deliver the best yield as it can produce up to 600 grams on one square meter, both in indoor and outdoor growth. It flowers 9 to 10 weeks, so it might be more suitable for indoor growth in the Northern hemisphere.
Is It Popular In Dispensaries?
Due to many B52 strain reviews, this is a highly popular strain in dispensaries. Chatsworth, Ca, Aberdeen, WAS and well Portland, OR are the main markets for this strain. Still, it is a bit harder to find a reliable online supplier, so we recommend you buy in the physical dispensaries. If you want to buy seeds, buy directly from the Nirvana shop as they have the original genetics.
How To Grow B52?
When it comes to growing, it is highly recommended to grow this plant in the warm/mild climate where the winter does not arrive in October, as you might have to wait till October for outdoor harvest. On the other hand, if you grow indoors, try to prepare at least 40 liters of soil per single plant, with the 600 watts HPS lighting system to get the best results. Also, apply the SOG technique. The SOG technique with this particular strain showed great results, as the cloning technique can produce up to 50 grams per single plant.
What Are The Related Strains?
Some of the related strains are:
For all of you who want to get something skunky, potent, sticky and perfect for growing, B52 should be your top choice. It contains the original and highly potent Afghani and Colombian/Mexican Sativa genetics, mouth-watering aroma and flavor, while it can treat many conditions like stress, depression, pain, insomnia and lack of appetite. Still, the less experienced users may find it overwhelming. But once you get used to it, you will always want to use this strain as it is authentic, potent and has a high level of medical value. Also, if you grow weed for the first time and you need something potent, B52 is your choice.
B52 Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 13 - 16%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.11 - 1.07%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.4 - 1.01%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.25 - 2.25%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.05 - 0.17%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.47 - 1.05%
B52 Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
B52 strain lineage
B52 Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 23 - 26%
CBD 0.15 - 1.19%
THC 15 - 17.4%
CBD 0.47 - 0.7%
THC 17.6 - 21.2%
CBD 0.52 - 0.74%
THC 18 - 19.75%
CBD 0.32 - 0.59%
THC 15.75 - 17.75%
CBD 0.62 - 0.97%
THC 23.67 - 25.67%
CBD 0.11 - 0.6%
THC 22.14 - 24.54%
CBD 0.25 - 6.1%
THC 18.6 - 21.6%
CBD 0.35 - 0.66%
THC 17 - 18.6%
CBD 0.23 - 4.02%
THC 21.5 - 24.5%
CBD 0.53 - 0.86%
THC 18.5 - 20.25%
CBD 0.52 - 0.7%
THC 25.75 - 27.75%
CBD 0.29 - 0.64%
THC 23.22 - 25.38%
CBD 0.28 - 4.74%
THC 24.5 - 25.75%
CBD 0.29 - 0.76%
THC 19.5 - 20.75%
CBD 0.42 - 0.57%
THC 19.75 - 23%
CBD 0.4 - 0.71%