The Complete Chocolate Skunk Strain Review
This Chocolate Skunk review covers the details about the strain with its name coming from one of the most peculiar word associations. This strong Sativa hybrid has an unusual taste and aroma and is a cross between Chocolope and Skunk. It can be pretty strong especially for newbies, yet it is quite popular among consumers and growers.
History Of Chocolate Skunk Strain
How is it developed?
The Chocolate Skunk strain has been developed only as feminized seeds, coming from two other famous hybrids. The first developer that has imagined this specific combination was 00 Seeds, a popular Spanish seeds bank.
The lineage of Chocolate Skunk strain
00 Seeds have created this particular strain by genetically altering the world-famous Skunk No.1 with its intense fragrance, by adding Chocolope, a differently flavored strain. The compound has been issued in other alternatives, tried out by the same creator, the Chocolate Skunk CBD strain is one of the most popular names, a much more balanced compound, with a higher equilibrium between the THC and CBD levels.
Chocolate Skunk Strain Effects
The most notable effect of this strain refers to the sensation of an energetic head high, It fuels consumers with a sense of purpose and increases the focus. Long after the original hit, relaxation comes over the user, without adding the feeling of numbness in place. The couch-lock sensation isn’t related to this specific strain of weed. Also, the effect of overwhelming energy builds up slowly and gradually, without being overcome with paranoia or anxiety in the end.
Medical Appointments Of Chocolate Skunk Strain
The palette of conditions that can be treated with this strain is similar to those related to most Sativa dominant plants. Due to the highly energetic input, it has become known as a great cure for people suffering from chronic fatigue, while also taking a load of the stressed workers’ shoulders. Its euphoria-induced state has worked greatly in alleviating symptoms of depression. It also has mild effects on reducing pain and treating nausea.
- The main negative that becomes obvious even after the first smoke, is the odd taste that remains in the mouth after exhaling, of strident skunk. This is rather an acquired taste, a flavor that you might grow into, one that leaves you wondering if the plant has gone bad, rather than a first-time love.
- When focusing on a task, although making the best out of the energy and head clarity that overcomes the user in the better part of the high, not finishing the task in time, might mean that the ending which brings the relaxation state, would put the brakes on the productivity and efficiency.
Effects – Medical Appointments – Negatives
We haven’t yet found a cannabis plant, used either for recreational or medical purposes, without the usual side effects, including the so-called cotton-mouth sensation and the dry eyes. They can be easily averted by drinking a lot of water before, during and after the usage of the treatment.
The Chocolate Skunk THC level is rather above average, with values that could reach a bit over 26%. This means that when used in large amounts, the THC levels might become excessive and increase the risk of having anxiety sensation.
What Are The Reasons To Choose Chocolate Skunk Strain?
Nothing brings chocolate in mind when casting a glance at this strain’s buds. They are rather on the dark side of the green nuance, with some forest green shades, combined with spots of dark olive green and intertwined amongst them, pale orange hairs. They are kept together in the shape of grapes by some sticky resin particles.
Smell and aroma
As it would be expected from any plant having the word “skunk” included in its denomination, the Chocolate Skunk strain has a powerful odor, with an unmistakable smell, which surely fills up the entire space it’s grown in, or travel for a large area, if placed in the outdoors. Air filtering systems are a must whenever any by-product from the Skunk category is involved.
Sweetness is the main ingredient for this flavor, with a powerful note of skunky chocolate when first inhaled. The unnerving taste of skunk becomes more significant after the exhale, covering almost entirely the palate of chocolate and coffee sensed as undertones.
As mentioned before, regarding the chemical composure, the THC values are high and are situated somewhere in the 21 to 26 percentile. The CBD is almost irrelevant in comparison, with values under 1%. However, despite such a low percentage, there are still plenty of medical benefits pertaining to the use of this strain.
Looking at the chemical composition, an alternative could be Chocolate Skunk CBD, which is a more balanced strain derived from the original Chocolate Skunk, but with leveled percentages of THC and CBD.
Who Is More Suitable For?
It’s a perfect option for a late afternoon when you have an urgent task at hand. The high can aid in making the most out of the energy burst and improved focus, while the Indica’s relaxing state might catch you at the right time when the job is done and you just need to chill after a stressful day.
Opinion By Growers
Properly taken care of, this strain can be highly effective in terms of a number of flowers reported to the available surface in use. However, if it’s not trimmed when the time is right, it’ll continue to grow, delaying the flowering, until it considers that further growth isn’t possible anymore. It’s a plant that needs to be forced into flowering.
Popularity by growers
The bush-like growth can be turned into an efficient outcome, but only if proper maintenance is ensured, otherwise the grower is only left with a useless, space-eating, funny-smelling bush. It’s not a strain for any newbie in the domain, but it also doesn’t present many challenges during its cultivation. When properly done, growing Chocolate Skunk indoor can return 350-450 g per square meter, while the outdoor version goes to an average of 600 grams per square meter.
How To Grow?
As stated before, the strain is a constant grower, delaying the flowering moment, as long as it feels it still has space to grow. The height reaches somewhere around 70-100 cm, while the side branching goes on indefinitely. The flowering period should be of around 8 weeks since seeding, but it must be underlined once more that this is an activity that should be forced by limiting the plant’s growth.
Useful To Edibles-Cooking?
Its flavor and aroma don’t usually make an appropriate ingredient for edible products and as far as we’ve researched, we weren’t able to find such an option.
Related Or Alternatives Strains?
Chocolate Skunk auto is an alternative developed from 00 Seeds Bank as an update to the original Chocolate Skunk strain. This derivate seems to be set for outdoor cultivation, although there have been some growers who complained at the lack of results with this particular strain. Presenting a more balanced proportion of THC and CBD, is the Chocolate Skunk CBD derivative, as mentioned before.
If there is one thing to remember after reading this Chocolate Skunk strain review, at least know which plant to ask for, when in an inspirational crisis, or when in need of an energy boost, clear of mind-numbing, or couch-locking after effects.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Chocolate Skunk Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 18.4 - 21.2%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.21 - 0.59%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.34 - 0.94%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.2 - 0.94%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.15 - 0.28%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.18 - 1.04%
Chocolate Skunk Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
Chocolate Skunk strain lineage
Chocolate Skunk Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 18.67 - 21.67%
CBD 0.27 - 0.47%
THC 22.25 - 24.5%
CBD 0.25 - 0.56%
THC 23.5 - 26%
CBD 0.66 - 0.88%
THC 18.6 - 20.6%
CBD 0.62 - 0.95%
THC 22.14 - 24.54%
CBD 0.25 - 6.1%
THC 17 - 19%
CBD 3.23 - 3.64%
THC 23.5 - 26%
CBD 0.3 - 0.53%
THC 19 - 21.5%
CBD 0.22 - 0.57%
THC 25.75 - 27.75%
CBD 0.29 - 0.64%
THC 20.75 - 22.75%
CBD 0.27 - 0.59%
THC 22 - 24.25%
CBD 0.57 - 0.72%
THC 23.22 - 25.38%
CBD 0.28 - 4.74%
THC 19.5 - 20.75%
CBD 0.42 - 0.57%
THC 16.25 - 19%
CBD 0.53 - 0.9%
THC 17.2 - 20.8%
CBD 0.56 - 0.76%
THC 18.4 - 22%
CBD 0.45 - 0.77%
THC 18 - 20.2%
CBD 0.49 - 0.76%