CBD and THC Tinctures: Understanding Their Uses and Benefits
- What is the Tincture of Cannabis, Its Benefits, and the Most Popular Products?
- Types of Cannabis Tinctures
- CBD or TCH Tincture?
- Cannabis Tinctures vs. Edibles
- How to Use Cannabis Tinctures?
- How to Make Cannabis Tinctures at Home?
What is the Tincture of Cannabis, Its Benefits, and the Most Popular Products?
Cannabis tincture is a weed plant soaked in solid alcohol and filtered. The resulting liquid can be drunk or placed under the tongue. Due to the low percentage of alcohol in it, you are unlikely to get tipsy.
Liquid weed has the following advantages:
- Сonvenient – no additional accessories are needed, as in the case of smoking;
- Discreet – a greater level of invisibility due to smells and additional movements. You can take the tincture at any time without drawing attention to yourself;
- Provides a more accurate dose – you know exactly how much THC or CBD you are getting;
- Fast-acting – the effect of the tincture comes quickly and has a vivid effect due to the interaction with alcohol.
Best Cannabis Tinctures
- CBDA-Rich Tincture – Awakened
The tincture has a 3:1 CBDA/THCA ratio. Saturation of CBDA helps fight arthritis and restore the body after training. It also eliminates nausea and anxiety. Improves sleep and mood by activating serotonin receptors.
- CBD Restore Tincture – Cosmic View
The tincture has a CBD ratio of 3:1, so it is suitable for daytime use – before work or performing simple tasks. CBD regulates serotonin levels, improves appetite, and helps with mood swings and anxiety.
- THC Mood Magic Tincture – Yummi Karma
This THC-dominant tincture has proven itself as an uplifting agent and also helps to overcome pain, including menstrual cramps. It also helps to relax and calm the nerves.
- THC Tincture – Proof High-THC
This liquid THC is quite powerful – a 0.5 ml serving contains approximately 30 mg. Therefore, it is suitable for those who have a high tolerance for marijuana edibles. The product offers a blissful, focused high that boosts creativity and offers new ideas and perspectives on old projects.
Read Also: How to Use a Bubbler Pipe for Weed
Types of Cannabis Tinctures
You can find CBD cannabis tincture or marijuana tincture with THC. Also, there are different types of CBD tinctures:
- СBD Isolate Tinctures – Contain only cannabinoid and carrier oil;
- Broad Spectrum CBD Tinctures – Contain cannabinoids and terpenes, but no THC;
- Full Spectrum CBD Tinctures – Contain a full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes, including a small amount of THC.
CBD or TCH Tincture?
CBD tincture is usually derived from hemp, while THC tincture is obtained from marijuana. The choice of tincture depends on the purpose – why you take it. СBD tinctures have specific healing properties without psychoactive effects. THC tincture creates a euphoric effect and is chosen by those who want to get high.
CBD Tincture Benefits
- Reduce anxiety;
- Reduce epilepsy seizures;
- Relieve pain.
THC Tincture Benefits
- Improve sleep;
- Reduce muscle spasms;
- Treat chemo-induced nausea;
Cannabis Tinctures vs. Edibles
Edible marijuana, as the name suggests, is a digestible product that has been loaded with cannabinoids. In the broadest sense, edibles are any food or drink that is consumed. It can be candies, salty dishes, drinks, or chewing gum. They include cannabis extracts – THC or CBD.
Tinctures are herbal extracts prepared by soaking plant material in alcohol to extract active chemicals from the plant. The main difference between tinctures is the presence of alcohol in the composition. Other characteristic dissimilarities are:
- Distinctive effects;
- Tinctures act faster (5-10 minutes compared to 30-45 minutes of the onset of action of edibles);
- The effect of tinctures is less long-lasting than edibles.
How to Use Cannabis Tinctures?
The most effective use is sublingual. It is necessary to put a dose under the tongue and hold it for several seconds and swallow. Due to this, cannabis enters the bloodstream faster. If you swallow it right away, the effect will come more slowly and be milder.
Cannabis tinctures can be used to prepare edibles. To do this, you just need to add a few drops to the recipe for making goodies and make the taste more piquant.
How to use tinctures topically? Weed tinctures can also be used externally. A few drops of THC-rich tincture relieve pain and inflammation. CBD tinctures help to cope with anxiety, stress, and seizures. To do this, apply a few drops to the sore spot.
Read Also: How to Use a Weed Pen
How to Make Cannabis Tinctures at Home?
This is one of the easiest ways to make your own marijuana products. This does not require deep knowledge of botany and special equipment – just patience and a little time.
The concentration of the tincture will be determined by the ratio of the alcohol base and the plant product. The average ratio of cannabis to alcohol base is 1:25. You can take other numbers – then the tincture will be correspondingly more saturated with cannabis or will have fewer effects.
- 3.5-14 grams of cannabis flower;
- 85-300 grams of food ethanol (an alternative can be glycerin or carrier oil, for example, coconut oil.)
Cannabis Tinctures Cooking Process
Step 1. Decarboxylation of cannabis. This is a chemical process during which, under the influence of a certain temperature, carboxyl groups are separated from molecules of a substance. In other words, it takes a high temperature for THC to acquire psychoactive properties.
To do this, grind the cannabis, place it on a flat surface on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes to one hour at a temperature of 220-240ºF. Remember that overheating destroys cannabinoids.
Step 2. Pour the alcohol base into the glass jar and place the cannabis in the desired ratio, then mix the contents well.
Step 3. Store the contents in a cool, dry place for at least four weeks. It should be shaken and mixed once a week. It is necessary because the alcohol base absorbs the cannabis better. If you store the tincture longer, its effect will be more powerful since the base liquid will absorb most of the marijuana. You can prepare such a tincture in one day – using the freezing method.
Tips to Prepare Cannabis Tinctures:
- Freeze alcohol and marijuana in different jars and keep overnight;
- Mix it all in one jar and shake for a minute;
- Place in the freezer for another 5 minutes;
- Repeat the shaking steps 3 or 4 times;
- Strain the mixture through a filter to get rid of the plant material;
- Bottle and enjoy the cannabis effects!
Marijuana tincture is one of the relatively new but quite promising means of using cannabis. Users love this format because of its convenience, reliability, and ease of use. The effect of tinctures is usually quite powerful and is actively used in various areas of treatment with the help of marijuana.