All About Critical Mass Cannabis Strain
Critical Mass is a pretty popular strain that has been tested for many years by the most demanding consumers. Its super hardy nature has attracted a lot of pro breeders worldwide and beginners as well. It produces rich yields both indoors and outdoors and can survive in cold climates.
The highs from Critical Mass are very intense but calming at the same time – a classic Indica high. It does not skyrocket with THC and has an average level of 22-25%. It was developed by crossing the Afghani Indica and Skunk #1.
Critical Mass Weed Strain Effects
A strain of moderate potency, which is absolutely amazing for night time when you want to relax in front of your TV. When the high hits, it makes your body quite heavy to move around. It will most likely improve your mood while making you happy at the same time. All your worries will fade away and put you in a positive mood. Although if you increase the dose, it will make you extremely sleepy and you may doze off into a dream. The effects this strain produces include:
The Critical Mass is pretty popular in the medical circles because of the high CBD levels that can provide pain relief of any sort, especially joint pain, muscle spasms, and migraines. It helps with inflammation as well.
It’s highly recommended to people who are having mental health issues and mood swings caused by chronic stress. It showed positive results against many conditions such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
Just like all other strains, this one also has a few negative effects that might bother you. Based on the user reports, side effects are:
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
Flavors and Aromas
The aroma is close to a honeydew with citrus tones while the smell is kind of earthy. The flavor is a combination of sweet and earthy tones that are present because of the pine and oak wood blends.
The Critical Mass is actually very easy to grow and one of the more beginner-friendly plants. It has a very good yield and harvest and the only thing the plant requires in abundance is water and sunlight while it’s protected from rain and humidity. The only problem which isn’t much of a problem because it’s easily solved is that the buds can get so heavy that you’ll need to either harvest them or build some sort of support, so the branches don’t break. It’s definitely worth growing as the demand is high and it’s very easy to maintain and keep happy.
Critical Mass grows quite tall but it can be grown both indoors and outside and in both situations, it gives a generous harvest. When grown indoors, the Critical Mass strain flowering time is around 8-9 weeks, which is an average length and the yield it will give is about 27 ounces per one square meter. When grown outside, you’ll need to make sure that you’re in a Mediterranean climate for the plant to flourish and the yield it will have will be about 21 ounces per one plant. The flowering time outside is usually somewhere in the middle of September.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Critical Mass Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 18.5 - 20.25%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 128.94 - 1.67%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.2 - 0.75%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.04 - 1.16%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.27 - 0.42%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.26 - 0.74%
Critical Mass Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
Critical Mass strain lineage
Critical Mass Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 18 - 20.6%
CBD 0.5 - 0.79%
THC 20 - 23%
CBD 0.29 - 0.52%
THC 20.25 - 23%
CBD 0.44 - 0.72%
THC 15.5 - 22%
CBD 0.02 - 0.19%
THC 19 - 22%
CBD 0.62 - 1.19%
THC 19.5 - 27.5%
CBD 0.02 - 0.46%
THC 20.78 - 23.02%
CBD 0.26 - 1.34%
THC 18.2 - 20.8%
CBD 0.44 - 0.65%
THC 21.5 - 24.5%
CBD 0.53 - 0.86%
THC 20.67 - 22.67%
CBD 0.65 - 0.8%
THC 18 - 20.2%
CBD 0.49 - 0.76%
THC 22.5 - 24.75%
CBD 0.36 - 0.77%
THC 16.25 - 19%
CBD 0.53 - 0.9%
THC 16.4 - 19.6%
CBD 0.16 - 0.45%
THC 24 - 28%
CBD 0 - 0.38%
THC 19 - 22%
CBD 0.3 - 0.62%
THC 18.67 - 20.33%
CBD 0.2 - 0.49%
THC 22 - 23.4%
CBD 0.41 - 0.61%