All About Black Eyed Katy Weed Strain
Black Eyed Katy is a hybrid strain named after a song by the band Phish released in 1997. The weed was born from a cross between classic strains Fall 97 and Phishhead Kush. Black Eyed Katy is a 60/40 Indica-dominant hybrid that is suitable for a good morning start. This cannabis has low CBD rates of up to 0.6%, but THC levels are around 18-20% on average. Among other things, Black Eyed Katy can surprise you with its terpene profile:
Flavor and Looks
The hybrid has tiny buds of mint green with a purple tint. This marijuana also has amber hairs and white trichomes with a purple shade. The strain has a classic flavor. The scent is a mixture of earthy and spicy-sweet aromas. As you explore and taste it, the weed has peppery notes of flowers.
Reported Effects of Black Eyed Katy
This cannabis hits pretty quickly, giving a user euphoria and intense happiness. This feeling will accompany you until the very end of the high. Consumers have also reported increased sensory perception, which may be accompanied by hallucinations.
Your relaxation can also be disturbed by tingling sensations throughout your body. Thanks to the properties of Indica, a user feels hungry, which can help with a lack of appetite. We recommend that consumers stock up on food and drinks in advance. Likewise, Black Eyed Katy strain can be used for:
This marijuana is tricky and requires a lot of experience to get away with, so it might not be the best choice for beginners. Indoor and outdoor yields are approximately the same at 400 grams per square meter. Due to the dominance of Indica, the marijuana is tall up to 80 inches. Flowering time takes 8 to 9 weeks, and harvest time is around 60 days.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Black Eyed Katy Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 18 - 20.5%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.84 - 1.04%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.49 - 0.51%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.02 - 0.11%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.01 - 0.01%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.02 - 0.15%
Black Eyed Katy Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|