All About Death Star Cannabis Strain
Death Star strain, despite its terrific name, is a potent weed that will be a perfect match for smokers who prefer to stay high with couch locking qualities. It originated back in 2004, alongside growing in popularity among smokers who preferred strong THC Indica phenotypes with potent calming properties. By crossing Sensi Star and Sour Diesel, the two already famous phenotypes, Death Star possesses a dazzling array of features associated with its parents.
By possessing attributes of both phenotypes, this Indica strain can surprise both experienced and casual users.
Regarding THC content levels, it ranges from 18% to 21% in lab testing conditions, whereas the amount of CBD never reaches a mark beyond 1%. Such a high THC content is favorable for smokers who love Death Star to get high for a more extended time. Death Star cannabis strain has been described as a stunning adventure in most reviews, whereas its top ranks in High Times championships also make this weed an award-winning hybrid.
Death Star Flavors
The strong odor of Death Star is remarkable, thanks to its pungent bud structure. The scent reminiscences an earthy and skunky smell, followed by diesel and sweet undertones. This alien-like combination highlights creaminess, orange, and citrus aroma undertones, which smoothly dissolve into a skunky, pungent, and earthy diesel palette.
When it comes to flavor, not only this skunky strain is reminiscent of creaminess and peppery diesel, but it also has strong earthy undertones that are easily recognizable.
This strain is famous for its lingering tastes that are sweet upon the tongue that remains for long, even after taking a few puffs. Inexperienced people can also say that it is a bit harsh, whereas more experienced ones will enjoy gentle lifts of smoke that fills lungs softly, without too much irritation to their throats.
This great strain has all the properties associated with Indica strains and a little Sativa effects:
- Spacy state of mind
- Numbing sensation
Speaking of medicinal properties, one smoker should recognize that Death Star strain is not medical marijuana per se. Despite not holding this official title, its application for medicinal purposes is just incredibly vast. It is a great treatment for patients suffering from:
- Chronic pain
When it comes to side effects, Death Star possesses common attributes that are related to Indica strains with high THC content levels and low CBD ones. Smokers will most likely experience cottonmouth, dry eyes, and slight dizziness.
One attribute that makes this kush a respected strain among growers is its ease of growing. Not only this strain produces immense yields, but it also requires little effort thanks to its resistance to mold and mildews. The crop is short in size, meaning that growers wouldn’t have to find much extra space to expand their yields.
It has a short cycle to be fully grown with a flowering period that lasts around 9 to 10 weeks. Since Death Star can be used for growing both outdoors and indoors, the usual yields are 12 and 14 ounces per square meter, respectively.
Those who are fond of growing outdoors should expect to harvest Death Star closer to early to mid-October. Although we recommend growing it indoors, you should remember that in order to produce Death Star properly, you should check light and humidity levels to achieve the best yield results.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Death Star Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 19.5 - 23%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.32 - 0.64%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.06 - 0.46%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.3 - 0.79%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.24 - 0.2%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.34 - 0.96%
Death Star Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.00%|
Death Star strain lineage
Death Star Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 16.4 - 19.6%
CBD 0.16 - 0.45%
THC 17.25 - 20%
CBD 0.76 - 1.02%
THC 23.25 - 26%
CBD 0.46 - 0.6%
THC 19.4 - 22.4%
CBD 0.38 - 0.62%
THC 20.25 - 22.25%
CBD 0.23 - 0.55%
THC 19 - 21.5%
CBD 0.22 - 0.57%
THC 22 - 25.5%
CBD 0.57 - 0.84%
THC 19 - 21.4%
CBD 0.41 - 0.58%
THC 18.78 - 21.78%
CBD 0.33 - 4.61%
THC 19.33 - 21.67%
CBD 0.2 - 0.53%
THC 19 - 22.25%
CBD 0.54 - 0.86%
THC 19.5 - 22.5%
CBD 0.24 - 0.49%
THC 25.75 - 27.75%
CBD 0.29 - 0.64%
THC 20.75 - 23%
CBD 0.39 - 0.64%
THC 19.75 - 21.5%
CBD 0.9 - 1.05%
THC 22.38 - 23.88%
CBD 0.29 - 0.74%
THC 19.33 - 22.67%
CBD 0.44 - 0.85%
THC 19 - 22%
CBD 0.3 - 0.62%