Joints Vs Blunts Vs Spliffs- The Ultimate Cannabis Guide 2020
published on March 19, 2020
The National Institute writes that there is an increase in the social acceptance rate of weed with the legalization of cannabis. So, there is a significant shift in the number of cannabis smokers since its legalization. This is because of its easy availability and affordability. Another study reveals that around 70 million people have tried consuming weed.
In the modern world of dabs and vapes, cannabis or weed aficionados mostly enjoy the old school method of rolling and smoking. The cannabis dictionary has three distinct terms used to describe rolls – joints, blunts, and spliffs. If you are a novice cannabis smoker, you might not know what’s the difference between joints, blunts, and spliffs. But you surely know that every term represents an excellent old fashioned hand-rolled staple for smoking weed. Here, we will discuss the significant difference between joints, blunts, and spliffs.
To help you understand the difference between joints, blunts, and spiffs, let’s dive into the insights of each term one by one.
What Is A Joint?
Joint is an ideal method to consume weed or cannabis. Whenever a joint is rolled, it solely contains cannabis. The paper used to roll a joint is usually lighter and partially translucent.
How to roll a joint?
There are many ways to roll a joint. Here’s the step-to-step guide to roll a joint perfectly:
- Make sure that your ‘grass’ is free from any sort of lumps and woody bits. Also, ensure that it is absolutely dry.
- It will ensure that you are rolling pure cannabis.
- Make a filter (or a roach) from a piece of cardboard.
- Evenly distribute the weed mixture over the paper.
- Make sure that the shape of your roll is cone rather than straight.
- Insert the filter (prepared before) on the left side of the cannabis.
- Now, the tricky part is to roll the paper.
- Pick everything up and start rolling outwards, rolling gently in the middle.
- Use your thumbs and forefingers for this.
- You will feel that the mix is firming inside the paper roll.
- Gently lick the glue part and seal the joint roll.
- Pack your joint before you light it. You can use a pen, a stick, or a key to make sure that your cannabis is packed tightly in the roll.
- The last step is to twirl the top of your joint.
- Light it up and enjoy the flavor of the flower.
Rolling a joint may be a frustrating task as you can waste 40 papers before rolling a perfect joint. But the effort and patience are worth it. Also, you can learn to roll a joint under the guidance of an expert cannabis smoker friend.
What Is A Blunt?
Blunt is a heavy well-rolled weed in a tobacco paper. Therefore, they are larger in size as the tobacco leaf is larger than machine-made rolling papers. Also, while rolling papers are white, the tobacco paper is brown in color. Not only this, but there are different flavors of a tobacco leaf available in the market.
How to roll a blunt?
Here’s how you can roll a blunt in a perfect way:
- Get rid of the moisture from the tobacco leaf to ensure that it doesn’t rip or tear apart while rolling a blunt.
- While using a dry brown tobacco paper, you have to pack it carefully.
- This is because of the reason that a blunt needs to be tightly packed with a fat amount of cannabis.
- The difficult part is to lick both sides of the tobacco paper as it needs liberal slobber saliva and the paper tastes awful. But you can not skip this step as it is unavoidable.
- Now, the tricky step is to roll the tobacco paper. You need to be extra gentle with the tobacco paper.
- Now, you can add a filter tip (roach made out of cardboard) to your blunt-roll.
- Make sure that your blunt is sealed shut before you lit it up.
- Enjoy the rich flavored blunt.
In case you cannot find a completely dry tobacco leaf, you need to buy inexpensive cigars. You need to follow the following steps:
- You need to remove the tobacco from the cigar and unravel the cigar.
- The next step is to refill the weed and tightly pack it.
- Make sure you seal the roll before sparking it.
Rolling a blunt is not everyone’s cup of tea. So, need not worry if your tobacco paper tears or the blunt size is too small or too large to roll. The practice is the key that will help you to roll a blunt perfectly.
What Is A Spliff?
A spliff is a blend of tobacco and cannabis and is less popular with Americans. The spliffs are easy to roll and have a less obvious scent.
How to roll a spliff?
The process of rolling a spliff is easy. Here’s what you need to you to roll a spliff:
- To roll a spliff, you need to unwrap the machine-rolled cigarette.
- Fill the paper with a mixture of weed and tobacco.
- Add a long filter tip to the left of the mixture.
- But ensure that cannabis is covered with a top layer of tobacco.
- The next step is to tuck, lick, and roll.
- Now, your spliff is all set to be smoked.
Smoking a spliff prevents you from consuming a huge quantity of cannabis. So, the beginners can start smoking a spliff to avoid consuming weed in the initial smoking phases.
To Sum Up
Now, when you know what joints, blunts, and spliffs are, the difference between the three is clear.
Joints are lighter cannabis rolls and the paper used to roll a joint is white, light, and partially transparent. While blunts are fat weed rolls that are covered in thick, brown, dry tobacco leaf. In case the tobacco paper is not dry, you can use a cigar for that.
But the common trait of blunts and joints is that they are rolled merely with cannabis. No amount of tobacco is rolled in them. Whereas, a spliff is a blend of tobacco and cannabis rolled in a cigarette paper.
The interesting thing is that cannabis is available in different flavors, and the cannabis strains can be of varying quality. Therefore, if your joint, spliff or joint doesn’t make you high enough, the reason may be that the quality of the cannabis strain was not up to the mark. So, you can start traversing the weed world with AskGrowers. It is because when you are a weed aficionado, you can minimize as well as avoid the risks of consuming cannabis.