All About the Super Silver Haze Cannabis Strain
Known also as SS Haze, this is a Sativa plant with royal relatives – Skunk 1 and Northern Lights 5, with a bit of Haze C. Super Silver Haze THC level varies from 18% to 20%, depending on the growing conditions. This powerful combination in one crossbreed has formed a great phenotype in which both medical and physical qualities are unmatched in other Sativa-leaning breeds.
Bred by the famous Green House Seeds farming company, and particularly – Neville Schoenmaker and Shantibaba in the 90s, it won a Sativa nomination at the Cannabis contest 1997 through 1999. At first, it was the outdoor plant only, but After Shantibaba moved to Mr. Nice Seedbank company, he developed the indoor version of the Super Silver Haze Strain, which, surprisingly, was able to yield more than the original one in the hydroponic setup and within 1-2 weeks less time.
Originated from crossbreeding Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5, and Haze C (Skunk #1 +Haze C, Northern Lights #5 + Haze C), it features up to 50% of qualities found in Haze C, up to 25% of Skunk #1 and up to 25% of NL. This gives the herb potent energizing qualities the Sativas have with the relaxing aftermath of Indica.
Super Silver Haze Strain Effects
Consumers who have tried this cannabis report such effects to be the most common:
The most widespread states that this herb can cure concerns psychological states rather than physical ones. Due to its lightning-fast effect that can be kept for a pretty long time, it’s said to be effective to treat:
- Chronic pain
- Loss of appetite
In addition, Super Silver Haze THC level range (18-20%), 0.44 - 0.67%% of CBD, and 0.08 - 0.18% of CBN form a perfect treatment for the bad mood, sudden fear and panic attacks, ADHD syndrome, and simply to make your day bright.
Negative Effects of Being High on SS Haze may include:
- Cottonmouth & dry eyes
Smell and Taste
For those who like sweet, candy-like flavor and smell, we have bad news: this phenotype has nothing to do with it. On the contrary, the buds have pleasant spicy, skunk and diesel-like aroma with distinctive pine and citrus notes.
It’s a pretty creamy, smooth taste with a bitterness in the aftertaste that the typical cannabis plants have. You can also notice the citrus-pine-eucalyptus combination that is inherent to all Haze groups.
Opinion by Growers
The fact that it gives a lot of harvest from the square meter (+-450-550 grams), ability to grow in the greenhouses, and the quality of the plant, makes this type a staple of major pot factories. It is also used for crossbreeding and further phenotype inventions.
One of the few things to know about harvesting SS Haze is that the herbs, just like all Sativa plants, grow pretty tall, so you should bear that in mind when choosing to grow the crop indoors so it doesn’t cause squashing. In terms of nugs, they are grown bigger if planted outdoors in the warm and moderate-to-high humid climate, while planted indoors, the flower buds tend to be smaller in size.
Money-wise, the indoor cultivation of this strain requires more resources than other Sativa-dominant counterparts as you’ll have to make artificial conditions close to the equatorial climate, which requires some solid investment.
On the bright side of indoors Super Silver Haze grows, it yields more when cultivated in the greenhouses. It requires reasonably low maintenance because it’s naturally stable to different kinds of insects and plant diseases.
Regarding Super Silver Haze flowering time, it takes longer than other Sativa relatives and hybrids (9-11 weeks against usual 7-8). The planting type also plays a vital role in growing the culture as it will bloom sooner indoors rather than outdoors. It can be vegetated by planting seeds or cloning, and both options are easily reachable.
Let us know how does this strain makes you feel or just simply leave a review.
Super Silver Haze Strain Cannabinoids
- THC Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is a major cannabis chemical compound. It is a psychoactive element that stimulates dopamine release and induces euphoria or happiness. THC-rich strains may be helpful with such conditions as lack of appetite, chronic pains , etc. It is considered to be the primary active marijuana component. 18.2 - 20.8%
- CBD Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a major compound in cannabis, which is non-psychoactive. It is also proved to counteract the side effects of the second major component THC. CBD is widely used for medicinal purposes in rubs, oils and so on. It is helpful in muscle pain cases, may treat arthritis and migraines. Even Greeks used it against pain, while Queen Victoria applied it to get rid of menstrual cramps. 0.44 - 0.65%
- CBC Cannabichromene, or CBC, is a minor cannabinoid, meaning that its quantity in cannabis is quite little. Though it has the same origin as CBD and THC, it is different in functions. Without any psychoactive effects, it is an efficient cannabis compound in combating acne and depression. CBC produces analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. 0.26 - 0.82%
- CBG Cannabigerol, or CBG, is one of the minor cannabis compounds in adult plants. On the other hand, young ones contain a lot of this antibacterial and anti-inflammatory component. During the growth, CBG is converted into different cannabinoids, mostly THC and CBD. The compound itself increases appetite and decreases eye pressure. 0.29 - 1.27%
- CBN Cannabinol, or CBN, is a trace element in cannabis that is considered to be mildly psychoactive. It appears from oxidation THC, exposed to light and heat. CBN is mostly contained in old cannabis and in traditional hashish. It is effective against insomnia, bacterial infections and appetite loss. 0.24 - 0.16%
- THCV Tetrahydrocannabivarin, or THC-V, is a compound contained in cannabis in trace amounts. Even though it is close to THC molecularly, it is different in effects. This compound may be psychoactive only in large amounts. THC-V reduces blood sugar, controls appetite, stimulates bone growth, etc. African Sativa strains are the richest in THC-V. 0.28 - 1.14%
Super Silver Haze Terpene Profile
|Total terpenes content||1.01%|
Super Silver Haze strain lineage
Super Silver Haze Relationship between terpenes and tastes
THC 18.5 - 20.75%
CBD 0.53 - 0.81%
THC 15.75 - 17.5%
CBD 0.33 - 0.52%
THC 18.8 - 21%
CBD 0.48 - 0.77%
THC 12.8 - 15.2%
CBD 0.49 - 0.8%
THC 22 - 25%
CBD 0.03 - 1.1%
THC 12.25 - 14.75%
CBD 0.4 - 0.84%
THC 16.5 - 18.5%
CBD 0.46 - 0.9%
THC 15.5 - 17.25%
CBD 0.31 - 0.66%
THC 17.5 - 20.5%
CBD 0.14 - 0.47%
THC 15.5 - 17.83%
CBD 0.6 - 0.94%
THC 18.4 - 20.6%
CBD 0.55 - 0.96%
THC 20.5 - 24.5%
CBD 0.05 - 1.11%
THC 17.83 - 23.33%
CBD 0.59 - 0.89%
THC 15.6 - 19%
CBD 2.09 - 2.4%
THC 12 - 16%
CBD 0.85 - 1.16%
THC 21 - 23.25%
CBD 0.3 - 0.66%
THC 15.17 - 18.5%
CBD 0.49 - 0.73%