What Is Gorilla Glue Weed?
The Gorilla Glue strain, also known as Gorilla Glue #4 or GG4, is a Sativa-dominant hybrid that was created as a crossbreed of GG strains. It is an award-winning strain that is known for its high THC content. On average, GG4 contains about 18-25% THC. However, these content levels can be as high as 32% in certain strains. In contrast, the CBD levels of GG4 are considerably low, averaging between 0.05 – 0.1%. The effects of GG4 on users has been nothing but amazing.
This interesting strain of marijuana was named after the resin which forms a residue on the scissors when trimming. The Gorilla Glue #4 was created from a number of parents due to a lot of background. These parents include Sour Diesel, Sour Dub, Chem’s Sister, and Chocolate Diesel. This strain is quite popular in Canada and has won awards at the 2014 Cannabis cup which was held in Los Angeles and Michigan. The Gorilla Glue marijuana is widely accepted and is referred to as many other descriptions.
GG4 is known to have a strong aroma of diesel and traces of chocolate and coffee.
Brief History Of The Gorilla Glue #4 Strain
Another part of GG4’s impressive reputation is its crystal-clear track record. We will focus directly on the history of the GG4 strain while ignoring other versions. As mentioned earlier, the name of this marijuana strain came from the stickiness of its trichomes. They tend to stick to the scissors during trimming.
The strangest part of the story is that it was created by a breeder’s mistake. Joesy Whales accidentally threw out the original batch of seeds after they led to inappropriate results. However, his friend Marrdog picked up some of these seeds and tried to grow them a year later. This planting produced 4 phenotypes and GG4 was the pick of the lot. This was the beginning of the rise of GG4 to fame and it ultimately became an award-winning marijuana strain.
Besides the 2014 cannabis cup, it has also won the High Times Jamaican World Cup. The popularity of this strain is partly due to its medical effectiveness. It has proven very helpful in pain relief and relaxation. The main reason behind the success of this strain over the years is that it is known to be compatible with different occasions. Over the years, the Gorilla Glue #4 marijuana strain has been known to glue its users in their seats and dry up their mouths. Throughout its history, both experienced smokers and newbies can’t seem to find something wrong with it and its popularity is increasing by the day.
Effects Of Gorilla Glue #4
The effects of the GG4 when inhaled can be quite thrilling. In fact, these effects have ranked the Gorilla Glue to be one of the best strains of marijuana around the world. Let’s take a look at the effects, medical use and side effects of Gorilla Glue.
The different effects of GG4 usage include:
- Euphoric and a strong mood boost
Medical Uses Of Gorilla Glue #4
The amazing thing about the GG4 is that it is also medically useful. High THC and low CBD content account for a lot of different medical uses. Gorilla Glue #4 can be medically used as the following:
- Painkiller. Useful for victims suffering from pain caused by different factors. It is a very effective solution to help numb bodily pain. This can be helpful for different cases of musculoskeletal pain, fibromyalgia and so on. It is also a very good solution to neuropathic pain.
- Anxiety. The stimulating effect of marijuana can help anxiety patients focus. It is useful for different anxiety conditions such as generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, major depression and so on.
- Insomnia. The high levels of THC in GG4 make it a very good choice to relax the body and make the patient fall asleep. It is powerful enough to make the patient fall asleep and keep him/her asleep.
- Nausea. Gorilla Glue 4 is quite helpful with different cases of nausea with is a common side effect of many types of medication, such as aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and some antibiotics.
- Appetite booster. In cases of appetite loss, it will allow the patient to eat freely without any feeling of guilt or depression. Consuming a bowl of GG4 concentrate will help to easily alleviate conditions relating to the loss of appetite.
- Relaxation and stress relief. GG4 is a marijuana strain that promises to keep its users glued to their couch and relaxed for long hours. High from GG4 can last as long as 4 hours. That gives you 4 hours of relaxation.
Side Effects Of Gorilla Glue #4
Dry mouth is one of the potential side effects after consuming GG4. To get rid of this feeling, never forget to carry a water bottle and hydrate. Sometimes, certain users suffer from conditions such as dry eyes and dizziness. To avoid these side effects, it is essential that you pay attention to your diet and consume good amounts of food to keep healthy.
In extreme cases of GG4 use, users may suffer from other conditions such as anxiety and paranoia. However, this will occur only during cases of excessive use of the marijuana strain. Users are advised to take note of their limits and maintain them. Apart from the normal side effects of a dry mouth, you can avoid the other serious symptoms by managing and monitoring your marijuana limit.
Reasons To Choose The Gorilla Glue Weed
This weed strain has a very interesting flavor. It tastes with a woody aftertaste coupled with patches of earthy pine. The GG4 is also famous for having a hint of chocolate or coffee which is distinct from the natural dark spicy accents that make up its taste. High THC levels can leave a slight chemical taste in the mouth.
Its aroma is quite similar to its taste. The flavor is a blend of strong diesel with hints of coffee and chocolate.
In general, the Gorilla Glue 4 marijuana has a lot of impressive qualities. These features qualify the strain and rank it very high among the top strains in the world. They include:
- Undemanding for growing
- Impressive stress reliever and pain-killer
- Positive reviews from all over the world
- Little or no side effects
Gorilla Glue #4 Weed Strain Review By Growers
- Jerry Foster: “This weed strain is quite productive. I can get good weed from it after eight to nine weeks of planting. I prefer to plant it outside though; more weed for me that way.”
- Gorag: “Awesome strain. I hope I can get better ways to grow it. Everyone around loves it and I can’t wait to keep growing. Lol! Just getting started”
- Primal: “Heard about it and learned to grow it. That’s probably the best decision I’ve made. I can’t get enough of it and it’s all over my yard.”
How To Grow Gorilla Glue Strain?
In order to grow the Gorilla Glue #4 weed strain, you need to get the seeds. The seeds are readily available with a variety of vendors in the USA, Canada, and the UK. The seeds cost about $90 for 10 seeds. This strain can either be grown indoors or outdoors. However, Gorilla Glue strain produces more when planted outside. It takes about 8 – 9 weeks for flowering.
If you’ll be growing the Gorilla Glue 4 outdoors, keep in mind that it has a very pungent aroma. This may attract people. Ensure to protect the location where they are planted to prevent such losses.
Can It Be Cooked?
Yes, the Gorilla Glue #4 varieties are still very potent when cooked. It can be added to your food appropriately for that extra spice.
Overall, the Gorilla Glue #4 strain is a very good strain. Its effects are quite fascinating and it can be used for a variety of medical conditions. Anyone looking to get the strain is in for something good.